Beach diving Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgirsch

Reaction score
undefinedhello - I'm not at all familiar w/this site and have no idea if I'm even responding/e-mailing correctly, but I'm trying: my question is, WHERE IS DATURA STREET AND THE BEACH DIVING? Is it in Hollywood? Please tell me where it is! Thank you....
mary

Scubaguy62:
Anyone up for a beach dive Sunday off Datura? The usual suspects maybe?????

Datura St. is one block south of Commerical in Lauderdale By The Sea. Here's a nice web site with directions and a description of the diving there:

http://www.fillexpress.com/library/datura.shtml

Keep an eye on the Private Trips folder. We usually post our plans for weekend diving there, and you're welcome to join us.

Welcome to the group,
-Grier

Hey there, Welcome to ScubaBoard. Grier already answered your question, but I thought I would chime in anyways.
There is beach diving from Hollywood to Boca. If you have beach access you will find the reef. Some places are nicer than others, but each place is unique.
Hollywood has a nice reef at the rock pile. Its a comfortable swim out, yet snorkelers can do it just fine.

I see your location is the dania beach/hollwood border. There's a small patch reef that makes for an easy dive right off the condo at Dania Beach.

Park at the south side of the lot, swim out south east until you are off the center line of the condo. Dive in a due east direction until you are on the offshore side of the beach reef. There is a pocket in the reef that has a fair amount of tropicals in it on the eastern side.

If you park in one of the end spots you have about a 50 ft walk across the beach and about 150 yd swim. Its a quick, easy dive, about 15 ft.

DennisS:
I see your location is the dania beach/hollwood border. There's a small patch reef that makes for an easy dive right off the condo at Dania Beach.

Park at the south side of the lot, swim out south east until you are off the center line of the condo. Dive in a due east direction until you are on the offshore side of the beach reef. There is a pocket in the reef that has a fair amount of tropicals in it on the eastern side.

If you park in one of the end spots you have about a 50 ft walk across the beach and about 150 yd swim. Its a quick, easy dive, about 15 ft.

Let me know if you want a buddy for the dive that Dennis mentioned. I'm relatively new to Hollywood and haven't done that one yet. I also only live 5 min. away and am frequently diverted from doing the things I have to do to doing the things (like diving the local beaches) I want to do...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom