Beach Dive Sat June 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be attending the REEF ID class in the morning and will be ready to get wet by the afternoon. Anybody interested in the reef class and/or diving?

Scuba_Jenny:
I will be attending the REEF ID class in the morning and will be ready to get wet by the afternoon. Anybody interested in the reef class and/or diving?

I was supposed to take several DAN Instructor classes on Saturday, but that got cancelled... so... tell me more about the REEF Fish ID class.

Al

Where are you thinking of diving on saturday afternoon? Where is the class? We are going to be in Boynton diving, i think in the morning and it might be a nice afternoon drop if somewhere off the beach.

From Alex who is leading the class:

The class will be at the
National Save The Sea Turtle Foundation (4419 West Tradewinds Avenue - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33308).

Here is the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4419+...190900,-80.102000&spn=0.011749,0.019320&hl=en

The class will start at 10:00 am and we will wrap up around 12:00pm.

We will begin with a quick review of the last month’s material and then move on to build on that foundation to introduce some new families of fishes as well as some really cool new members of
the families which have already been introduced. I promise it will be as much fun as we had in our last class!
Send an email to alex@oceanwatch.org to RSVP for the class with a subject line “RSVP: Fish ID Class, June 18, 2005.”
There is also a Fish ID boat dive in the afternoon. If you are interested in that, here is the info:
We are also scheduled for a two-tank dive aboard the American Dream II with Captain Todd:

http://www.scubafortlauderdale.com/
The boat departs at 1:30pm, but please be there at 1:00pm to load and prepare for the trip. Hopefully, this will be enough time to get lunch and rehydrate ourselves for the dive trip.
The dive sites for the trip will be a 60’ reef for the first dive and a 30’ reef for the second dive.
We will try to organize the divers into small groups of 3 people headed by an experienced Fish ID diver to assist the students in underwater identification.
Boat Location: The American Dream II is located in slip D-99 at the legendary Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Resort, just minutes from the best diving South Florida has to offer.

Hyatt Regency Pier 66
2301 SW 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

http://www.scubafortlauderdale.com/directions.htm
Parking is $3 I believe, but you have to get a sticker from Capt Todd before leaving the boat to present at the gate to get that rate.
The rate for the dive is $40, which includes a small tip for crew. You are welcome to add to the tip after the dive trip if you like. The money will be collected by Ocean Watch before the dive boat departs. Please cash or checks only.
Please note that only certified divers may participate in the Ocean Watch Fish ID dives. Please bring your certification cards with you. Also, all participants will be asked to sign an Ocean Watch Liability release form in addition to the one for the boat.
Ocean Watch will have a few slates and fish ID sheets to loan to the divers who may not have them. You may also purchase the Tropcal Atlantic REEF Fish ID underwater kits from us for $25:

http://www.reef.org/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?action=show&product=START_KIT&session=yw2vk9xZ

Please also send another email to alex@oceanwatch.org with a subject line “RSVP: Fish ID Dive, June 18, 2005.” to reserve your spot on the dive boat if you would like to participate.
If someone wishes only to participate in the Fish ID dive, you do not need to send an email to RSVP for the class.
Cancellation Policy for the dive reservations:
VERY IMPORTANT:

In the event you have sent us an RSVP for the boat dive and cannot make it for any reason, please notify us at least 72 hours prior to the boat departure (this means by Wednesday 1:30pm on the week of the dive). The captain is holding a certain number of spots on the boat for us at the group rate and we must let him know in advance if he needs to release these spots to the public. Otherwise he (or Ocean Watch) has to absorb the loss. This is not good for our relationship with the dive boat.
If you fail to notify us in advance as described above you would be responsible for paying $40 for the dive if you do not show up.
If you did not RSVP for the dive in advance and still would like to come to join us on the dive, we will try to accommodate you if there are spots still available on the boat.
Please send me an email if you have any additional questions about the class or the dive.
Best Fishes!
Alex
Ocean Watch Fish ID Team.
alex@oceanwatch.org

That is all I know about the boat. Since I am not going on the boat, but instead BEACH DIVING, who is interested in a beach dive after the class?

Any suggestions? The Reef ID class is in N. LBTS, so maybe we can do a dive nearby.

Sounds like a plan man, my only caveat is that I need to get my sister from the airport around six, so the sooner we're done the better :)

hehehe just noticed that I'm logged into my wife's account, I didn't bring my laptop to the resort this week so I'm using hers...

James

LOL, was wondering why your post sounded so "femine." Nice to see your softer side, LOL. Heck, we should be able to do 2 dives and you still be able to pick up your sister by 6! :D
Dive Dive Dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom