BCD Threading on OMS Bladders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HaloBlo

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the threading on the bladder of the OMS wings matches nowadays?

The old ones used the same threading as Zeagle, but this one is something else.

Silicone mate, didn't know the Zeagles had any

I do not understand that sentence. Zeagles have bladders, like all BCDs do. What is Silicone mate?

Well to me both are obscure, by threading do I assume you are talking about tank band spacing?

I may assume Happy is referring to the silicone bands that you often see on OMS wings to help them collapse.

Threading on the bladder where the shoulder piece attaches.

(I am not sure where any other threading on any bladder is but more importantly, it's a technical-ish question that someone who has worked with a bunch of different BCDs might not, but most people won't, because not too many people have twenty or thirty different kinds of shoulders hanging around.

I do have a bunch of shoulders, but I cannot find the chain of test shoulder fittinge I have arranged and labeled, because I only need that once in a blue moon.

I just need it now, because I my old bladder finally gave up the ghost...

Threading on the bladder where the shoulder piece attaches.

(I am not sure where any other threading on any bladder is but more importantly, it's a technical-ish question that someone who has worked with a bunch of different BCDs might not, but most people won't, because not too many people have twenty or thirty different kinds of shoulders hanging around.

I do have a bunch of shoulders, but I cannot find the chain of test shoulder fittinge I have arranged and labeled, because I only need that once in a blue moon.

I just need it now, because I my old bladder finally gave up the ghost...
This is where a few pictures would help because your nomenclature is nor making sense, to me.

At least now I know what the subject is, and I don’t know if the threading has changed, my guess is it’s pretty standard but with the DUI acquisition of OMS it’s possible that they have changed it. Have you tried those linked versions?

it's a technical-ish question that someone who has worked with a bunch of different BCDs might not, but most people won't, because not too many people have twenty or thirty different kinds of shoulders hanging around.

That's me man

so do you have a question

Does anyone know what the threading on the bladder of the OMS wings matches nowadays?

The threading on the old bladders matched Zeagle, but they no longer do. So what threading do the OMS bladders match these days?

Back
Top Bottom