BCD Belt Buckle Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

patpicos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

I have an older BCD that currently uses 25mm straps for the waist buckle. The fabric is stretchy and does not tighten nicely :(

I am about to replace it with nylon. In the process, I want to change the buckle which has a single lock to a double locking buckle so I can pull the straps from both sides to make it tight.

Example: (but wrong size)
QUICK RELEASE 50mm Double Lock Buckle for Webbing, BCDs, BCD, BC, Belts & more 4033628665760 | eBay

I've been looking online for such a buckle and cant find a place with them in stock....only the 50mm

Any suggestions?

Try mountain equipment co-op or a camping store.

Did you check the camping section at Canadian Tire? You also could likely find one at Algonquin Outfitters in Bracebridge if you found yourself up there for some reason....

@rhwestfall i should have checked CT...especially that I work for the company lol However i wouldnt expect them to have such buckles.

Bought a bunch of buckles, D-rings, and clips at MOC at lunch time. There's 1 outlet 10km from my work :)

Just got back from the shoe repair shop and the fella did a great job (and was patient with all my adjustments!)

sorry for the blurry pic...
IMG_3376.jpg

Cool! Handled locally.

Nice!

Back
Top Bottom