BCD and Computer annual service???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eliminator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had my Excursion BCD and ProPlus2 computer for almost a year now and starting to think about annual servicing? The PP2 manual says that the 2 year warranty is only void of it's inspected/serviced by an oceanic dealer 12 months (+/- 3 months) from original pruchase date.

So, my questions are:

1) Is there a "free service parts for life" deal with the BCD like there is on my oceanic regs? Does it even have to be serviced every year? Is there a service kit?
I dont want to pay my dive shop to just do a "leak test"

2) Whats involved inspecting my PP2, again, I dont want to pay someone big bucks to just look over it and make sure the screws are tight.

eliminator:popcorn:

1) There is a service kit for the BC power inflator, which also includes a new gasket for where it attaches to the BC. The inflator is covered under the Alliance Service Agreement (parts replacement program).
2) An inspection of a computer, particularly an air integrated computer is going to be limited at the dealer level to confirming that it's functioning properly, is not affected by any service updates or recalls, and typically includes a battery/o-ring change.

Both services will vary by dealer to some degree - it's best that you ask those same questions of them.

Not all dealers will change the battery on your PP2. The old owner of my LDS didn't have the techs change the batteries. The new owner does.

Ask your dealer to make sure he does -- you want a new battery and o-ring every year. It's cheaper than a lost vacation because of a dead battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom