BC Service availability while on vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elorfindor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking into purchasing my first BCD and am leaning one particular way, but know I need more information.
All of my diving has been/will be vacation diving, and want to choose something that I have a better chance of service/repair while away from home. Going to Hawaii for the first time in a few months, and get down to Caribbean two or three times a year.
Are there particular brands that are easier/harder to trouble shoot or repair than others?
What about the whole argument of dive shop vs online purchase?
Thank you for your help!

Regardless of brand, the failure point on most bc’s is the inflator and the dump valve.

Carry a spare inflator and spare dump valve in your save-a-dive kit and you’re good to go anywhere in the world.

You don't have time to waste on vacation with repairs. Bring one spare inflator assembly, or one spare wing (complete).

O rings, spare mask, defogger, etc.

I am looking into purchasing my first BCD and am leaning one particular way, but know I need more information.
All of my diving has been/will be vacation diving, and want to choose something that I have a better chance of service/repair while away from home.
I would look at the Dive Rite Hydro Lite. Dive Rite has been in business for a very long time, they make good quality gear and have a huge world wide dealer network.

Back
Top Bottom