BC in the Washer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked:
BC??? Do you really trust a machine to handle your life support?

Since when is a BC life support??....I agree, I wouldn't throw it in a washing machine, but it's hardly life support..............sheeeeeeeeeeesh.

Troll to troll, where do you keep your spair air? :D

Seriously, I view my bc/tank/regs as a scuba unit, my life support.

Fins, mask, wet suit, hood, gloves are just comfort items!

I was talking recently to a friend of mind about how difficult it is to wash my dog (a full-grown rottwieller). I was thinking it would be much easier just to stuff him in the washing machine for a few cycles every month or so.

I probably would not leave him in for the entire spin cycle.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Sheesh....

Just put on all your dive gear, get in the back of a pickup truck, and have your buddy drive you through a car wash...

Oh...and keep a hand on your mask of that big rotating brush will rip it off of your face...

Don't ask - just trust me.

:wink:

Land Locked:
Troll to troll, where do you keep your spair air? :D

Why, it's attached to the left D ring on my HUB, where else would I keep it?? :D

I had an older wet suit I was going to clean up for sale. I put it in the washer (delicate cycle). The agitator melted a hole into the suit during the spin cycle. That was the first time in 15 years I have put gear in the washer and will never do it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom