BC help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessu869

Reaction score
I just got the seaquest diva lx...the instructions included with it says it cant hold double tanks, or isnt suggested....anyone done this?? thanks

Did you buy this bc specifically to dive twins?

If I were diving doubles, I'd have looked at a BP/W configuration instead of a vest. Were you just thinking of future options, or was this purchased to dive doubles?

jessu869:
I just got the seaquest diva lx...the instructions included with it says it cant hold double tanks, or isnt suggested....anyone done this?? thanks
Hi jessu869!

Fill out your profile and tell us a little about yourself and your diving history, and then you can get better, more specific advise.
However, since the Seaquest Diva BC is strictly a recreational diver's BC, I would guess that you will be limiting your diving to single tanks only. In which case, you do not have to be concerned about it being limited to single tanks, it will work just fine for recreational diving. The Seaquest Black Diamond is adaptable to doubles.

Actually my bf bought it for me for xmas,and i feel bad wanting to return it!! But i dotn want to have to buy another bc..
jessu869:

jessu869,

Nice gift!
The Diva LX BC is a fine ladies jacket BC, but like all the other BCs made for women that I've seen, it's not doubles capable.

Back mount BCs like the Ranger and LTD by Zeagle are quite popular with many women tech divers on large capacity single tanks or doubles. I prefer them to BP & Ws. They can also be used for recreational diving without being overly cumbersome. Zeagle makes a separate model that has narrower shoulders just for women.

Chad

like Chad said, the Diva is not designed to mount double tanks (in fact, lots and
lots of BC's, both for men and women, are not designed for doubles).

are you considering diving doubles? if so, i would suggest you consider a back
plate and wings (BP & W) (here i disagree with Chad). If you're going to do any
kind of diving that involves doubles, you will be served in the long run by
having a backplate and wings set-up.

also, the backplate is about the most configurable set-up there is. you can get
it to fit YOU exactly, every single time, by simply adjusting the harness.
in my opinion, it's the most versatile, most easy to dive setup there is.

this is something for you to research, though, as you're getting contradictory
opinions :D

I have the SeaQuest Balance (the male version of the libra) and just switched over to the BP/W setup. I've only had it in the pool so far, but my reaction is "Sweeeeet!" I can't wait to get it in the ocean this weekend. I think my balance will be up for sale soon. Only wish I knew about BP/W two years ago when I bought it.

Chad Carney:
jessu869,

Nice gift!
The Diva LX BC is a fine ladies jacket BC, but like all the other BCs made for women that I've seen, it's not doubles capable.

Back mount BCs like the Ranger and LTD by Zeagle are quite popular with many women tech divers on large capacity single tanks or doubles. I prefer them to BP & Ws. They can also be used for recreational diving without being overly cumbersome. Zeagle makes a separate model that has narrower shoulders just for women.

Chad
That's why I chose the Zeagle Brigade. Has the Ranger harness with the Escape bladder. I tried it out yesterday in the pool and I LOVE it. Super comfy, and the bladder can be changed out for two tanks. I highly recommend it.

I just made the switch from my zeagle to BP/wing... I recommend bypassing the Zeagle. :wink: (Don't get me wrong - I loved it too when I had it!)

Happy diving!

Michelle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom