Question BC dump valves aren't working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a chance to look at one of the aqualung BCDs last week. The jacket had i3 labels near the place where i3 lever is supposed to be installed. But it was not an i3 version. So apparently the jacket is the same.

I wonder if you can just ask the shop to convert it to a non-i3 version inexpensively.

Yes, certain BCs were available with or without the i3 system. Think the i3 added about $100 or so to the cost. A regular buddy has one so I’ve seen it close up many times.

I have dived those hip bcd-style jackets once or twice.
I once traded a mares version for two Duvels.

Looking back at it, i'm not sure wether I would still pay two Duvels for it....
Didn't really like them, but in theory there's no reason why they shouldn't dump properly.

Aside from the completely ridiculous and unnecessary hip I3 'controller' , you still have a right shoulder dump, which is easily used.
Try that one?

Without trying to troll or anything, I still can't come to grips with the fact that someone thought it was a good idea to have one button simultaneously open all dump valves by cables and combine that with a bungeed internal bladder.

If for one reason or the other the valves stick open, you're double ******.

Thanks to everyone for all of the replies (I read, but didn't respond to all of them) and the info has been helpful. I'm going to be borrowing a BPW setup from one of her coworkers to see if I like it. I might either contact the original shop and/or resell it though I'm not sure how much I could sell it for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom