BC Dive Closeout sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. It continues to amaze me that dive (and kayak) stores are struggling in Vancouver/Vancouver Island/Sunshine Coast. Vancouver and Calgary have a comparable number of dive shops, which seems ridiculous.

Picked up some undergarments, a couple hangers, some clips, DUI boots, and a formal rental Whites Nexus for the lady. I wouldn't say it was all killer deals, but definitely pretty reasonable.

Might go back and see about some of the dui boots for myself if they still have any around. A bit nicer than the neoprene boots.

Thanks. It continues to amaze me that dive (and kayak) stores are struggling in Vancouver/Vancouver Island/Sunshine Coast. Vancouver and Calgary have a comparable number of dive shops, which seems ridiculous.

Most of the dive shops around here are doing well, or expanding even. This is a unique case.

Does anyone know why they're closing? I haven't been there in two years but took several courses through them.

The lady there said they're going to retire. One of the employees said they will lower the price even more on Thursday if they are still open just to get rid of inventory. Otherwise they will craig list the items. The old man didn't look too happy. Is this a family run business?

Having done my courses through them I can say with confidence that they choose to shut down, this was not a case of the shop going under. The owner was not interested in keeping it going as he has other things on the go.

Drysuit is leaky. Leak on the back, possibly a poorly applied patch. We'll have to leak test!

Big leak on the front, hopefully just from the inflator not being properly hand tightened (it wasn't). We have tightened it up and will try again monday. :/

Tears.

Really? Sounds odd. If you have a perfectly good business that's a going concern, with inventory, why would you not sell the business along with the inventory as opposed to just closing it down and selling off the inventory and deeply discounted prices?

Don't smell right to me.

Having done my courses through them I can say with confidence that they choose to shut down, this was not a case of the shop going under. The owner was not interested in keeping it going as he has other things on the go.

I don't know the details, but I know his sons were not interested in picking up where dad left off. The store was also SSI not PADI so that made things a bit tougher to find instructors etc. Most stores I have been to the staff/owners are divers, at BC Dive none of them where divers, at least not here in the cold.

It isn't true that none of the store ops were divers, every time I was in there there was ALWAYS at least one diver on staff. This is too bad because they were the only SSI shop in Vancouver as far as I know. Anyone know of others?

BC Dive & Kayak rocked - they turned over their rental equipment so frequently that there were always sales on great lightly used gear and rental gear was always like new.

Back
Top Bottom