Bay Area Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soozy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi -

My friend and his fiancee live in the bay area and are interested in getting certified before their honeymoon. They found Bay Area Scuba and are wondering if they are a good, reputable dive operator.

We all know how important it is to get proper instruction when learning how to dive, would appreciate any/all suggestions. If you guys have other dive shops you recommend please also let me know.

Thanks,
Soozy

I never heard of Bay Area Scuba. That doesn't mean they aren't OK, it's just that I don't know them. (And I truly thought I knew every instructor in the area.) My personal advice...find out when Kyle McCain or Gar Wilson are doing a class, then join it. They're both affiliated with Diver Dan's, in Santa Clara. They are the best I know in the bay area. Then when it comes time to go in the ocean, as opposed to flopping around in a pool, that means Monterey...and that's my turf.

Scuba Lessons, Classes, Instruction, San Francisco, CA & Skin Diving

I would reccomend Pinnacle Dive Shop, with 2 locations in the North Bay: Novato & Santa Rosa. AWESOME SHOP! One of the best LDS I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I bought my new setup from them (I didn’t have the money to buy the the gear at the time; they took a small down payment and ordered the gear so I could get the free Aladin dive comp, and they didnt rush me to pay). They are very helpful, and have a 12ft deep pool out in back of the shop, and are always more than willing to let you dive your gear in it. They do their OW certs in Monterey, Santa Barbara and San Diego (classes choice I belive). They do all the PADI Certs up to Rescue (ow,aow,rescue, dry suit, nitrox.)

They are a ScubaPro dealer...if you couldn’t already tell.

IF YOU ACT VERY VERY SOON! OW CERTIFICATIONS ARE 2 for 1 (35 year anniversary sale)!!!

Last edited:
"Bay Area Scuba"

I, too, have never heard of it. Where are they located? Website?

Soozy....

PM Sent regarding Bay Area Scuba....

I never heard of Bay Area Scuba. That doesn't mean they aren't OK, it's just that I don't know them. (And I truly thought I knew every instructor in the area.) My personal advice...find out when Kyle McCain or Gar Wilson are doing a class, then join it. They're both affiliated with Diver Dan's, in Santa Clara. They are the best I know in the bay area. Then when it comes time to go in the ocean, as opposed to flopping around in a pool, that means Monterey...and that's my turf.

If this is the Kyle I'm thinking of, I've met the guy and seen him in the pool and at the ocean and I'd recommend him as an instructor too. I haven't taken a class from him but I've seen him conduct classes and he's very professional and cares about his students.

A friend of mine did well with:

Dennis Miralda
dennis@dennisdives.com
650-823-7434

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom