Bavaria Fun II by IDE compressors??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly! I am looking for a compressor for private/light use. I would like to be able to pump helium with it, but hours will be reasonably low. And I won't be using it in a yacht.
@iain/hsm do you have anything you can suggest as a good alternative for me?

Dont ask me for brand and model suggestions all I do is give relivent information (I hope) when prompted for you to make you own informed choice and for the rest of us to discuss and evaluate. For example if your going down the Bavaria brand the model Fun 1 you will avoid in favour of the Fun II 2 Two, for the reasons I could give later.

Now as I see it we have hacked out a "group" of suggested small pumps (as forum suggested)

1. Bavaria Fun 2
2. Nardi Atlantic P100 (Italian independent block design)
3. Bauer Junior 2
4. L&W 100
5. AN other as suggested

So to progress. First the critical considerations
1. The first thing I would do is get a price for each model and a technical maintenance workshop manual as well as an operation manual.
2. The second get a price of the spare parts (and a list of all the parts in the Kits if that is how they sell them)
3. Third who is going to do the service at 50/250/500/1000/2000 hours and how much in cost
4. Filter life against filter cost
5. Oil sump volume against oil replcement cost, and duration
6. AN other as suggested

Then we pin that info on the board and progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom