Bauer Utilus 10 Compressor - Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquila

New
Reaction score
Hello: I'm new here at Scubaboard, but am an "old" diver. I have a Bauer Utilus 10 aboard our sailboat ("yacht" here in N.Z.), which I haven't used for nearly a year. I pull it out of the locker every few months and run the (Honda) engine, but didn't fill any tanks with it. (I always leave pressure in the system when I put it away.) When we got back to New Zealand from Oz a few weeks ago, I got it out and started it up. There was an immediate "explosion", as the 1st stage safety valve blew. I'm assuming that the cause was a stuck intake valve on the 2nd stage, but wanted some advice on how to go about fixing it (short of taking it to a dealer, which I generally find with "boat things" results in more, not less, problems). I have an instruction manual (for a "Junior") which describes the replacement of the valves, but don't see anything about the safety valve. The Spare Parts List shows it, but it's not obvious if it needs to be replaced after it's blown. Any help out there?

Thanks!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom