Bauer Securus filter contact problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cappyjon431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Last night we had a terrible storm and the floor above my Bauer Mariner II compressor leaked a small amount of water on the cable that connects to the top of the Securus filter. When I turn on the compressor I am getting a red flashing light on the warning light panel and the compressor won't start.

I've tried removing the cable &contacts and drying the electrical contacts, but I'm not getting the red light to turn off.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I am in a very remote area of Panama so it might be a week before I can get parts from Bauer Miami. Is there a way to bypass the Securus filter electronics and run my compressor?

Thanks,

Jon

It is possible by jumping the Securus out of the control circuit.

Craig

It is possible by jumping the Securus out of the control circuit.

Craig

Thanks Craig. I am not quite sure how to do that (when opening the control box, I am not sure which of the electronics are for the secarus), but I am going to be calling Bauer first thing this morning.

This happened to me a few months ago when an o ring blew on a tank and spewed water everywhere. Same story, red light came on and compressor would not start even after drying everything on the Securus and the control panel. Remedy is to hit the red STOP button again and then the start button. Can't remember if I first disconnected the power from the outlet though. Anyway it worked again.

I finally managed to get the compressor running this morning, but I have a flashing yellow indicator light which normally means I have 3-10 hours of filter life left. The filter only has 21 hours on it, so I am pretty sure it is something with the electronics or possibly I just got a bad filter.

Last edited:
Try blow drying the securus cable that goes into your filter tower with compressed air.

If that fails, change the filter. :wink:

Thanks Craig. I am not quite sure how to do that (when opening the control box, I am not sure which of the electronics are for the secarus), but I am going to be calling Bauer first thing this morning.

Glad you got the problem resolved. There are many variations of control circuit design and it would depend upon that design as to where a jumper would be installed. I would actually have to see the wiring diagram specific to your machine to advise you. That is if you ever need to in the future.

Craig

I once had a securus filter tower that had water get into the BNC connector from inside and cause that problem. It gave a false red or yellow even with brand new filters. It turned out to be a bad oring on the filter tower cap internally and a rebuild kit for the connector fixed the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom