Bauer K15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

veriqster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi.
I am looking for a performance chart for a K15 block. I got it recently and now i'm trying to derate it so it can be run on a single phase or gas engine. Would hate to oil starve it or to get a motor tht would not be able to drive it. Would I have to change the pulleys on the oil pump? Is it an option (driving it faster than the pump itself)?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Nick.

I highly reccomend putting a slightly(1/6)smaller pulley on your drive motor and you will extend the life of your compressor. I have 6 of the K15's that run all the time and I have to change the filters and the oil.

At what RPM do you run them? What is the output? What motors are used to drive the pumps?
Than You!!!

A 10 hp motor at 1400 rpm will do the job. you'll need to get one with "star delta"
which is a delayed start to cope with the load. I am not looking at my compressor
at the moment so you can go google Bauer compresser to double check
cheers

A 10 hp motor at 1400 rpm will do the job. you'll need to get one with "star delta"
which is a delayed start to cope with the load. I am not looking at my compressor
at the moment so you can go google Bauer compresser to double check
cheers

Star delta is a type of starter for a three phase motor, specifically what the OP said he couldn't use.

10 HP is at the outer realm of single phase service and not very efficient. You may want to look into using a single to three phase converter. You'll get soft start and variable speed as an added bonus.

You won't be able to run a K15 on less than 10hp and I'm not sure about that. I've never heard of a performance chart for any Bauer that is available to the customer. You can probably get away with 1000 rpm, but I am not personally familiar with anyone that has run a K15 on 10hp. Since you can't change the compressor flywheel, you will have to reduce the driver pulley to reduce speed. The lubrication should not be a problem as the pressure regulator acts as a relief valve and the pump is cam driven.

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom