Bauer K14 Compressor with low hours and filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtsmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought a couple of K14 compressors from Canada years ago from a fire department. These were K14's and were mid 70's model (thier in my warehouse downtown...I'll get pictures and more specifics later this week). One had 10 hours, the other had 40 and they are in like new condition (other than dust from storage).

I used one for years and then had 3 kids so I haven't been diving in about 6 years. I sold it to a friend and I still have one left. I am interested in diving again and I was about to get my pumping station setup again...but as little as I will probably use it, I'd rather not have to mess with all the filters and such again. I have 5 or 6 canisters and one Mako canister filter along with several driers. I partial pressure blend so clean air is a must.

Rather then deal with the cost of filters and this setup again, I plan on getting a Rix and then use one drier.

I want to trade my K14 compressor for a Rix SA6. I will trade the compressor and some of the filters. I also have a Baldor 3HP I can throw in and a base I started welding together for it. The compressor is free standing and not mounted.

The only thing you'll need to do to get this puppy going is to flush out the old oil really well. I just took the bottom half off of my other one and cleaned it totally out. I'd recommend doing it with this one too as it's easier than flushing.

For reference...this compressor puts out ~4CFM on a 3HP and can be spun much faster and put out like 10-14 on a real motor.

Please feel free to ask questions.
~JT

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom