Closed: Bauer K14-5.5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have bought a Bauer K14 compressor. The unit was disassembled earlier and now I need an advice how to connect the ADV.
It has the old four knob ADV and I suppose that the drain port of the water/oil separator goes to the top of the ADV. But want to be sure, somebody might has the same setup.
The shape and the length of the steel tubes are a bit weird and do not know how the filter system was positioned next to the compressor unit....

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

Hello, im a Bauer technician. Looks like you may have the line backwards. The line from the final separator needs to go back to the drain assy. BTW that is a really old drain system. Its been discontinued since late90's

Hello, im a Bauer technician. Looks like you may have the line backwards. The line from the final separator needs to go back to the drain assy. BTW that is a really old drain system. Its been discontinued since late90's
Thank you. I also supposed that pipe goes to the drain assy.

Does anybody know this old Bauer controller?
bc2.jpg

It has a cylinder head temperature and oil pressure input. I think it stopped the compressor if the oil pressure was too low and/or the temperature is too high.
I think it has a timer (most probably a simple monostable circuit) to switch of the compressor if there is no oil pressure within a few sec. (No oil pressure at stat up). And most probably the reset button resets this timer.
The indicator lights show the cause of the break down (oil or temp.)
I am just guessing and have never seen this unit working. I will open it and have a look at the circuit but would be good to know how it was working. Easier to reverse engineer...

It seems to be much more simple than I expected. It is not a timer. The RESET button just has to be pressed during the startup until there is enough oil pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom