Bauer JII remote condensante drain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

siroismi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

Was wandering if anybody knows anything about modifying a Junior II condensate drain valve so that it can remotly operated from 5 to 7 feet from compressor.

I have this JII electric compressor that I've had for 5-6 years and have been using at home, but would like to install on my boat. The best place for it would be under the fwd berth. I have no problem making shure that it gets ample fresh air and cool air supply. My biggest problem would be to have to dive under the berth every 15-20 minutes to drain condensate. If I could have it modified with hoses fitted to the intermediate seperator and to the base of the PO purifier and thoses hoses brought out 5-7 feet to a easily accessible spot with valves or manifold to the end where I could drain the condensate that would solve my problem.

Has anybody seen that done? Any comments?

I know that from factory, Bauer offers the Oceanus or Yatch package on which there is a Automatic Condensate Drain system. After contacting Jordair which is the distributor here in Canada, I was told that it would be quite complicated and very expensive. Actually I don't need any automation, just remote operation.

Thanks in advance,
Michel

Instead of putting the drain solenoids far from the compressor, why not put the low pressure bleed off hoses to a container where it is accessible? The solenoid assembly is only about 7 inches by 4 inches or so. It should fit on the frame of the compressor somewhere.

I was thinking of not using selenoid and the automated system. Instead, I was considering fitting hoses to the intermediate seperator and drain of the PO filter/dehumidifier and at the other end of the hose have the valves.

Thanks for reply,
Michel

I fitted a couple of solenoid controlled timers which fire every 10-15 minutes. They were easy to fit and is cost me under USD$500 for both of them. I did have to get a couple of custom adapters made but you should be able to do the same:

ELECTRONIC DRAIN VALVE OPTIMUM - JORC Industrial

2nd stage separator uses the 3625 PSI brass version and the final separator (P0/P21) uses the 5000 PSI stainless steel version.

Here is a picture - it is on my Oceanus but they are identical in the filtration systems.
25.jpg

I fitted a couple of solenoid controlled timers which fire every 10-15 minutes. They were easy to fit and is cost me under USD$500 for both of them. I did have to get a couple of custom adapters made but you should be able to do the same:

ELECTRONIC DRAIN VALVE OPTIMUM - JORC Industrial

2nd stage separator uses the 3625 PSI brass version and the final separator (P0/P21) uses the 5000 PSI stainless steel version.

Here is a picture - it is on my Oceanus but they are identical in the filtration systems.
View attachment 117596

I'm resurrecting this ancient thread to ask for a few details, if possible. I recently purchased a Bauer Junior II-E, and it did not have the auto drains installed. On the suggestion of a friend who has a similar compressor, I reached out to Filter Techs (Lawrence Factor supplier), who initially recommended a really nice looking ACD block assembly (Auto Condensate Drain Kit with 2 Drains NP-0022-0648Ak), then revised his opinion when he realized that it wasn't quite compatible with my model.

Instead, he recommended going with the Jorc Optimum ACD (Optimum-HP-SS 1/4" 115 VAC 5000 PSI), with, specifically, a fitting to adapt in to the filter stack -- see attached picture. It looks functionally identical to DivingTactics picture, above -- thanks for the hope that this may be possible. :)

I spoke with Bauer who informed me that there is no such autodrain capability for the Junior II, and no possibility of any retrofit, or any such fitting.

So ... how do I get that fitting? What is it, and where does it come from?

Thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

• beauer acd fitting.png
    beauer acd fitting.png
    393.1 KB · Views: 158
I'm resurrecting this ancient thread to ask for a few details, if possible. I recently purchased a Bauer Junior II-E, and it did not have the auto drains installed. On the suggestion of a friend who has a similar compressor, I reached out to Filter Techs (Lawrence Factor supplier), who initially recommended a really nice looking ACD block assembly (Auto Condensate Drain Kit with 2 Drains NP-0022-0648Ak), then revised his opinion when he realized that it wasn't quite compatible with my model.

Instead, he recommended going with the Jorc Optimum ACD (Optimum-HP-SS 1/4" 115 VAC 5000 PSI), with, specifically, a fitting to adapt in to the filter stack -- see attached picture. It looks functionally identical to DivingTactics picture, above -- thanks for the hope that this may be possible. :)

I spoke with Bauer who informed me that there is no such autodrain capability for the Junior II, and no possibility of any retrofit, or any such fitting.

So ... how do I get that fitting? What is it, and where does it come from?

Thanks in advance. :)
Did you solve this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom