Bauer Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Brandt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have found a good deal on an older Bauer compressor circa 1975-77 2.7 cfm sold by U.S Divers under the name "Windjammer"
and has low hours.

Has anyone had experience with this unit ?

What does it use for filtering ?

How long should I expect it to last (hours)?

Any opinions on what I should expect to pay?

I have not seen the unit yet .

Thanks

Ron

Good luck getting parts for it. Call Baurer and see if they have parts for it. If they don't, and you need even one little $2 part, you're screwed.

Try contacting www.jordair.ca and see what they say about getting parts. They are the Canadian dealer for Bauer. They have a couple of 'pre-owned' units on the site.

Thanks for the replies.

So far nothing I did not know allready from both replies.

Just wondering if anyone on here had personal experience with this one.

Yep, I have used compressors similar to this this one and Jordair can supply or machine parts for most of the line back to the sixties as I have seen it done before

Ron

To be honest, I'd stay away from a compressor that is over 20 years old. As someone has already pointed out, I think it will be nigh on impossible to get parts for it. I can only imagine what it was using for filtering!

In 1997 we bought a new 8.2cfm gas powered Bauer for our sail/diver charter. With a dual whip, we could fill a couple of AL 80s in about 10 minutes. It was easy to maintain & had a good cartridge filtering system. This unit cost us about $5K new.

Before you go yoiks I would suggest looking for something about 2-5 years old. You will get substantial savings over a new unit, but have access to something that is newer (and better) technology.

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom