Bauer air-kool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The point here is that in tropical conditions, the ghetto refrigerated beer/after cooler with the stainless steel cooling coils in the water bath, placed before the mositure separator is a great idea, and will not cost much.
Ghetto after cooler ... I love it!!:D

Even the simple salt water cooler designed for use on a boat is about $400 but it does nothing for cooling your beer!

seawatercooler.jpg

Holycow.... I just checked the retail price of the L&W Puracon Moisture Meter and its asking
approx US$2,900 in Thailand. That is the only price indicator I got from the net. Assuming in Singapore it cost less say at US$2,500 ( tax free ) it is still very expensive to run with a small Bauer 200 liter/M. This will be a good choice with very big filters and high output operation though. For that kind of budget of the Puracon I will choose the Air-Kool anyday for my Mariner.

I looked at GMC they have those absorbtion disc but I don't know how good they are.

I think I will buy a 4 channel data logging digital thermometer and placed them on all 3 cylinder heads and on the final water separator to profile the temperature. The temperature logging on the cylinders head can tell me when NOT to run the compressor too hot and risk shorter life or for possible oil burning producing C0. The temperature logging on the final separator can be used to estimate water moisture production and use the filter life table to make more accurate calculation.
I will also have a Bauer B-Timer that also use final seperator temperature to estimate filter life to compare.

I have asked Bauer for maximum allowable cylinder head temp but no replied, maybe must ask Bauer Germany direct not their Asian dealer.

I guess I need to do at least a few moisture test after "X" running hours of the filters to confirm the calculation. Maybe I can send to a lab or buy some cheaper moisture meter that does not need to be installed permanently like the Puracon. I am tempted though by the Puracon. If I have a 500+ liter/M compressor, I will get that Puracon.

The good news is the Puracon in the long run is cheaper than Bauer Securus system for moisture control auto shut down since Securus needs special filter with moisture sensor and I think for a P41 filter size alone its like US$90 more money because of the sensor. So 40 or so filter change of a Bauer P41 filters size with Securus capability will pay for a LW Puracon.

Thanks Torben for the Puracon info, made me learn more for future application.

Best Regards,
IYA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom