Battery Life Comparisons for Sony Rx100 series?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lwang06

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, I am not going on any diving trips anytime soon so i figured now would be the best time to do some research on new cameras. I am heavily interested in the Sony rx100 m2, as it seems to have a little of everything... although I do like shooting video (which I have have a sealife micro2.0 and gopro hero 4) I know the new models are better for that, however I'm reading the battery life gets worse? Any suggestions?? I also heard the battery isn't so good on the canon g7x- but I was wondering on the G7x Mark 2? I think I am not leaning towards the canon's though bc of the housings and the different ports etc.... any input would be appreciated

I transitioned over from the Canon G series to the 100m2 and have had no problems with the battery needing changes on two tank dives. I was a little worried but it seems to hold out fine for me. I do take loads of shots in Raw/jpg combo, but I do not use the flash (I have a video light). I also got a few extra batteries and a charger, which makes things easier.

thanks- I ultimately went with the m2 as well since the price was a lot less and as I would love the better video- I'm only a beginner and I think it will suite my needs

I transitioned over from the Canon G series to the 100m2 and have had no problems with the battery needing changes on two tank dives. I was a little worried but it seems to hold out fine for me. I do take loads of shots in Raw/jpg combo, but I do not use the flash (I have a video light). I also got a few extra batteries and a charger, which makes things easier.

I save battery on my RX100 II by dialing back flash exposure comp to -2. Seems to work pretty well and improves recycle times. I've easily gotten through 2 tank dives.

Back
Top Bottom