Battery for Oceanic BUD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if the battery replacement kit for the Geo 2.0 will also work on the BUD? I'm not finding anything online about a kit for it. Per the manual it takes a 3 volt CR2430 lithium battery.

Bought a BUD new just before Thanksgiving. Activated it when I got home to make sure it worked. Sat for most of the rest of the winter, except for a few dives. Used it for maybe 6-7 dives in April when I noticed the battery was very low when I was gearing up for a dive.

ETA: Battery used is exactly the same as for the Geo, so I'm going to go on the assumption the O ring is the same size, as well.

Well, I'm going to take a different route. Sent LDS an email about getting properly sized O rings from them. I'm buying batteries off of Amazon for $6.50 for 4 batteries.

The Geo battery kits are out of stock/back ordered pretty much everywhere except Amazon. It's $16-20 for the battery, O ring, and a bit of silicone grease. I've got grease, the batteries are ordered, and I'll just get O rings from LDS.

DRIS (LDS) gave me the tip that if the O ring doesn't show any wear to just reuse it. As this computer was barely used and bought in November, of course, there's no wear! Changing battery was simple. Found a YouTube video.

Shop also confirmed the Geo battery kit fits the BUD. I'm keeping the full kit I already had for my Geo.

DRIS (LDS) gave me the tip that if the O ring doesn't show any wear to just reuse it.
Agreed. Do not fix it if it ain't broke. Learn to inspect your gear and then make an informed decision to replace.

This knee jerk "replace it just to be safe" reaction seems to also be liberally applied to hoses.

Static orings to not wear. They get old. They may get brittle. They may go gooey. They may go hard and malform. They often just live on. The oring in my first computer was over 15 years old and in great shape when I sold it. The rubber seals in my current computers are over 20 years old.

Check your gear and replace stuff that needs to be replaced.

P.S. How confident are you that a replacement part will be same or better quality than the original?

@Marie13
i wouldn't bother with the battery kit. you'll get flat out raped on the price

https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-CR...ie=UTF8&qid=1494793093&sr=8-1&keywords=cr2430

10x batteries for a dollar a piece

it's a very weird o-ring size unfortunately
I think a 023 o-ring in 1/32" thickness will fit, but it's actually like a 1.2mm cs x 27.5mm o-ring

Hi there,

Very recently i have been involved (Scubagaskets) with o-rings for diving computers mostly for Suunto with a big success, and came across the Oceanic O-ring for F10 watch. The identification process (with the use of specialized equipment for measuring ) indicated that the size of this O-ring is actually 27mm x 1.3mm . I will have them available for sale very soon at my on line shop O-Rings Supplier for Scuba Diving EPDM-VITON-NBR-POLY O Ring Kits as well as in ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom