Batteries for the DC600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ecodiving

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have problems with the life of the DC600 batteries. I've bought 3 batteries but none will last as long as one dive (1 hour). Is this a familiar problem?

I'm almost as bad, my battery will only last for a dive and half or so...I start getting worried. It also seems to be loosing life to me, it doesn't last as long as when I bought it.

Peace,
Greg

I haven't experienced battery performance as poor as you've described yet, but I'll watch for it. My DC600 is set to shut down after a minute of inactivity. While I think it helps conserve my batteries for a 2 tank dive, it does sometimes limit my ability to get shots of some of the cooler stuff that sometimes shows up suddenly but doesn't hang out very long.

I try to, whenever possible, take the batteries down to zero charge before dropping them in the charger. So far, I can usually get 3 dives out of each battery, average time for a dive being about 45 minutes.

Best of luck with this.

I upgraded to the DC800 from my old 600 for that very reason. Camera was fine but battery life was only good for about 30 minutes of my type of shooting.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom