Batanes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boljakool:
BCD went to Batanes sometime last year with some other divers. He told us about great vis & virgin reefs. Let me look for him to give some insights.
Oooo. Never even thought about diving there. That'd be great if there is diving to be done there. Thanks, penn.

i remember bcd telling us that there were no dive ops. they brought their gear and they just borrowed tanks from the coast guard or a marine bio researcher or some denr fella who's manning a sanctuary there.

the scenery is breathtaking, the stone houses are really cool! dont worry about typhoons hehe.

boljakool:
i remember bcd telling us that there were no dive ops. they brought their gear and they just borrowed tanks from the coast guard or a marine bio researcher or some denr fella who's manning a sanctuary there.
Mmmm, will be travelling alone so that's a no-no for me. Would be nice though.

hey folks...

so penn told me about the interest, i'm more than happy to share... excuse my storytelling but hopefully it gives you a good picture...

topside: breathtaking... alone or with seomeone... its the philippines' version of ireland... cliffs, beaches, rolling hills, plateaus to roll over and sleep on... the old churches are magnificent... you can go up the belfry and look over the cliffs and oceans... don't miss the lighthouses, another exquisite viewpoint... the winds are as clean as you'll ever find in the region... many places to go to just chill out... people are friendly...

under the sea: unimaginable... viz was at least 100ft... corals are like hills... i was on top of one coral at 60ft... i was already at 120 and it's the same coral... and i haven't touched bottom... most of the corals are brain corals where you can skim through the bottom like going through a cave... untouched is the best way to describe it... fishes aren't a lot where we went and no pelagics but a lot of sweetlips... only did 2 dives there as the tanks were limited - just borrowed it from the Navy-SWAG through a local friend who works with the DENR... your SIT is simultaneous with the tank refilling... no dive operators.... we used fishing boats that were huge...

worth going back to given any opportunity....

by the way... for some reason the storms have changed the past 2 years and a lot of them come from southern luzon (bicol area) instead of the north... so weather is a bit more predictable...

you'll enjoy it... chill out music will help but not necessary... the place works it's own wonders...

bcd1:
hey folks...

so penn told me about the interest, i'm more than happy to share... excuse my storytelling but hopefully it gives you a good picture...

topside: breathtaking... alone or with seomeone... its the philippines' version of ireland... cliffs, beaches, rolling hills, plateaus to roll over and sleep on... the old churches are magnificent... you can go up the belfry and look over the cliffs and oceans... don't miss the lighthouses, another exquisite viewpoint... the winds are as clean as you'll ever find in the region... many places to go to just chill out... people are friendly...

under the sea: unimaginable... viz was at least 100ft... corals are like hills... i was on top of one coral at 60ft... i was already at 120 and it's the same coral... and i haven't touched bottom... most of the corals are brain corals where you can skim through the bottom like going through a cave... untouched is the best way to describe it... fishes aren't a lot where we went and no pelagics but a lot of sweetlips... only did 2 dives there as the tanks were limited - just borrowed it from the Navy-SWAG through a local friend who works with the DENR... your SIT is simultaneous with the tank refilling... no dive operators.... we used fishing boats that were huge...

worth going back to given any opportunity....

by the way... for some reason the storms have changed the past 2 years and a lot of them come from southern luzon (bicol area) instead of the north... so weather is a bit more predictable...

you'll enjoy it... chill out music will help but not necessary... the place works it's own wonders...
thanks for that. that's exactly the reason I want to go there. the pics I saw didn't remind me of typical PI landscape at all. anyone interested in a dive safari? :D

midwestdvr:
thanks for that. that's exactly the reason I want to go there. the pics I saw didn't remind me of typical PI landscape at all. anyone interested in a dive safari? :D

very much interested !

Back
Top Bottom