Basic Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I had a dive light but left it in a rental BC a couple of weeks ago and I don't remember what it was. I am hoping some of you can give me some recommendations since I have to buy a new one. We only dive twice a year, in the ocean, in tropical places. I just would like a decent flashlight to use when looking under ledges, in cracks, etc. I am not a night diver or cave diver. I will go into a wreck if it is pretty open - no tight areas - but it is nice to have a light in there when it can be a little dusky.

Please let me know your thoughts on what I should get.

Thanks,
cruzbound

the dive rite CX2 would be an expensive but excellent option.

This is my small "backup" light that stays on my BCD for looking into holes and under ledges during the day -- it's about the size of a Sharpie marker. Used it once as my only light when I did an unexpected twilight dive that turned into a night dive, and it worked o.k. as a backup:
Buy Edge 315 Lumens LED Mini Dive Light Online | Divers Supply

This is my "big" main light for night dives -- still only 5.5 inches long, so pretty compact. Great for recreational night dives:
Best EDGE DL19 1100 Lumen Rechargable LED Dive Light for sale

If/when my main light wears out, I'm thinking about this even cheaper alternative -- check out the review from 1 diver who lost his in saltwater for 11 months and it still had a charge and worked when he found it (pretty impressive!):

I have the Edge 315 lumen light in my light collection too. I got it in a package deal from Diver’s Supply, so it was basically free with some other gear I wanted. It is a pretty good light with a nice white beam. It is included in several of their package deals, some of which are only a few dollars more than the light alone. If you need some other crap too, the deal is hard to beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom