Barrier reef doing great???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice try, either you're deliberately trolling him or you're just ignorant. That page was created before the lockdowns. If you click "past reef health reports" you will immediately see that GBRMPA has not published survey results since before march 2020. The "March - May" report simply says

Since GBRMPA isn't publishing reef health reports, they must be obtained from elsewhere. It seems highly likely that far less diving, fishing, human activity resulted in at least some recovery. That is, unless you subscribe to the thought that humans have no impact on reef health. If you think humans do have an impact then you must concede that few humans translates into improved health. You can't have it both ways.

You will notice that the data source in the aforementioned article is Long-Term Monitoring Program - Annual Summary Report of Coral Reef Condition 2020/21 | AIMS Perhaps you don't trust the Austrailian Institute of Marine Science?

The summary written by AIMS seems to be somewhat similar to what that "Climate Change Dispatch" says, although a bit less dramatic as they're probably not trying to drive clicks.

Personally I've never heard of Climate Change Dispatch. That doesn't mean they are or aren't drawing correct conclusions.

Usually the actual scientific papers can be summed up as "the climate might change by one degree or more, but we're not the slightest bit certain of that"

When you beat a single drum so long that you lose objectivity, it's time to re-evaluate what your goal in beating the drum actually is.

I don't know what scientific papers you are reading, but this is total ********. We are locked in to ATLEAST 1.5c of climate change thanks to the carbon we have already stuck in the atmosphere. We all get the prize of watching the oceans acidify into a barren wasteland because of the millions of utter fools like you going along with this absurdist propaganda. Cheers!

I don't know what scientific papers you are reading, but this is total ********. We are locked in to ATLEAST 1.5c of climate change thanks to the carbon we have already stuck in the atmosphere. We all get the prize of watching the oceans acidify into a barren wasteland because of the millions of utter fools like you going along with this absurdist propaganda. Cheers!
That is more of a political viewpoint...

Try being a little less strident in promoting your views. More science and less "worst case scenario" environ-mentalist ranting would also gain respect.

I'm reading the scientific paper that I conveniently provided a link to in my previous post. The link is also in your post, since you included mine as a quotation.

I don't see the point in willful ignorance on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom