Bare XCS2 and Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobCSmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just took the plunge and ordered a Bare XCS2 crushed Neoprene Drysuit through DRIS. DRIS and Mike has been great to work with. My question is, for those who have this suit or similar, it water between 60-50 degrees, what do you typically wear as an undergarment?

Yes I looked at them but didn't know if it was too much with this suit. Or was there something cheaper that would work just as well.

I have that suit and find that my Fourth Element one-piece Arctic is quite versatile for a range of temperatures. Under Armor cold gear is a good base layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I like the look of the Under Armour Cold Gear, I've also considered Lavacore if I needed extra insulation. The Bare stuff is nice too, just as the Fourth elements (but pricey).

With that suit I would wear a base layer like said above. In 50-60 degree water a 100-200g fleece undergarment will work just fine(100 if you don't get cold all that easily). If you're one that gets cold rather easily or have longer runtimes, I would go with something a little more "robust". Hope that helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom