BARE XCD2 Tech and Pro Dry ???????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gooseman

New
Reaction score
I am about to purchace my first dry suit. I am looking at the Bare XCD@ and want to know the pros and cons of the front entry vs the rear entry. BE HONEST I am looking for truthfull feedback. Thanks Tom :wink:

I bought the XCD2 Tech Dry for a few reasons.

1) The charter I usually go diving with is runned by one the best instructors I have ever met and he has one and loves it.

2) Front Entry / Self Donning. I needed this. I don't care for the feeling of not being able to put it on or take it off myself.

3) Great Price / Great Quality. I only had to pay a little extra to have it custom made. The quality and workmanship is superb.

4) It's made in Canada by people who are used to diving in VERY cold water. I'd say they know a few things about keeping warm.

The Pro is cool too but it's really about what works for you. The Pro is gonna be pretty easy to get in and out of but the XCD2 isn't terrible either. I can tell you this, the XCD2 looks pretty damn cool!

gooseman:
I am about to purchace my first dry suit. I am looking at the Bare XCD@ and want to know the pros and cons of the front entry vs the rear entry. BE HONEST I am looking for truthfull feedback. Thanks Tom :wink:

font entry vs. rear entry- the front entry is convinient, but the zipper is under much greater stress- means less life for your suit and if you plan on doing any u/w construction forget about it, the zipper gaurd mainly just collects chunks of stuff. And if your flexible you can zip a rear entry on by your self with the help of a rope or strap of some sorts. I do recommend any of the bare suits but if your planning on buying rock boots be aware there huge and if you have feet over a size 11 or 12 you will have to buy jet fins xxl or xxxl force fin. have fun

I was all set to buy a Diving Concepts drysuit and just tried on the Bare XCD2 Pro for comparison, but I found it to be a much better fit. Does anyone have any concerns with Bare quality, lifespan, corporate attitudes, any other issues?

I've an XCD2 Tech. First suit I've ever owned, but I really like it.

I like the front entry/self don and doff.

Good fit.

the K

I also have a XCD2 Pro Dry, it is very good for very cold water diving.

front entry is great if you want to get into solo diving. If you never plan to do that a rear zip is great.

I have a XCD2 Pro drysuit and I love it. I don't solo dive, so being able to get in and out myself isn't a big deal. My wife has their HD Trilam Pro and she's happy with that as well. I've had no issues with the quality of either suit. They're both comfortable, dry and fit us well. I'd definatly recommend a Bare suit to anyone who's looking to buy one.

Shane

I'm the new owner of a Bare drysuit HD Tech and I would buy another one if needed. The construction, warranty, feel, sizing, ect. is great. As for your question the Tech Dry has a better warranty than the Pro Dry does and the front entry is nice to have even when buddy diving. Either way you go you will be happy with Bare.

I use the CD4 ProDry and Im very happy with it. The rear entry is only a minor inconvenience although I do dive a lot alone. It just means im keeping a short nylon cord in my pocket which I use to pull the zipper with..
My choice was also between the XCD2 and the CD4 and what tipped the scale for me was the price, since I was buying a complete set of equipment and not only the suit. If I where to use a wetsuit here, the season wouldnt be very long..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom