bare xcd2 size and fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
So I have in my posession what should be a size medium XCD2 tech dry (used, tag unreadable). According to the size chart, I should be spot on, with most of my measurements in the middle of the ranges. The only exception is my weight which is on the high end (I'm a bit dense...) and my height, which is .5" below the min suggested. I'm having problems reaching one hand to the other wrist with the suit on (to remove the seal) as well as a HUGE issue trying to get my foot in to the attached soft sock. My foot/ankle binds up right around the bottom of the calf of the suit. Any ideas/tips/tricks for this? Once I have it on, it's about as tight as a wetsuit and this is just over a base layer, no insulation. I've never dealt with neoprene suits before so I'm not sure how tight it should be.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

My opinion is ....
Bare a few years back had some crazy stuff going on at the factory.
A couple dive buddies got replacement suits thru a warranty issue and said the ankle area of the suit was WAY tighter then their older suit.
Same suit model and same exact size.

So I am not sure what that means in your case but perhaps the ankle area is having the same issue they were having.
Perhaps you can get the suit altered locally or thru the Bare factory.

As far as I know now -- the factory is back on track and running good after their move and sale to a new company.

I have a Bare trilam and a XCD2 and I notice the XCD2 is tighter.
Yours sounds a little too tight.

Back
Top Bottom