Bare Supra Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scapa Flow

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Just bought a Bare Supra Drysuit.(neoprene).Price was a big issue.Couldnt deal with Ebay risks.
Anyway does anyone out there have the same suit.Would love to hear feedback.
Good or Bad.
Also what do you recommend to wear under drysuit.

P.S
Thanks to Scoobydoo for info.Cant make dutch springs next week but like make contact anyway.

I bought the same suit last September for basicly the same reasons. I've been diving it ever since. My LDS charged me $700 and of course threw in the Dry Suit speciality course (PADI).

Overall I'm satisfied. I usually wear sweat socks, swim suit and tee-shirt under it. The socks and tee-shirt are to absorb sweat not for warmth and the swim suit is to preserve my dignity:eek:

The only two draw-backs I've found with this suit are:

1) You have to add too darn much weight. For me I had to add 12 pounds of lead more than when I wear my 5 mil wet suit.

2) You can't adjust your insulation value by adding or taking away underwear. As it fits like a wet suit, I haven't yet found any underwear I can put under it to add additional insulation (maybe I'll try Argon next). So when the water temps get above 60, it's too warm and below 40 it's not warm enough.

I have done dives in water temps as low as 36 but they were not comfortable and I couldn't last more than 20 minutes. I also am still looking for a dryglove that will work with the neoprene wrist seals so if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Good luck with your new suit and enjoy.

I think if you check Diving Concepts web site, they say you can use there ring system with neoprene seals. Only down side would have to replace the seals if you wanted to remove the seals.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom