Bare Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gloveboxtech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just purchased a pair of Bare Rock Boots. I normally wear size 12 shoes and the Rock boots are a size 12 as well but, they are huge. Are the boots supposed to fit a little big so, I don't lose the thermal quality of my DUI polartech booties. They fit like a 13 or 14 regular shoe would fit.

Yeah, that sounds right. There's extra room in my rockboots. I think I could wear several layers of booties with them.

Let me guess. You've only tried them on with regular athletic socks.
Try them on while wearing your drysuit. The extra space will be taken up by the drysuit foot material and whatever insulation you're wearing on your feet.

I tried them on with regular socks and the Dui Thermal layer without the drysuit. Still waiting to get it back from repair. So, the drysuit foot material should take up alot of that extra room. Thank you

Do you guys find the Bare Trek Boots (I assume the OP is talking about the Trek boots) a little narrow? Length is perfect but getting them over my attached neoprene booties is a bit of a challenge. I've had to skip a few lace loops to make it easier to widen the boot for putting them on and off. The drysuit you wear them with really makes a difference.

Do you guys find the Bare Trek Boots (I assume the OP is talking about the Trek boots) a little narrow? Length is perfect but getting them over my attached neoprene booties is a bit of a challenge. I've had to skip a few lace loops to make it easier to widen the boot for putting them on and off. The drysuit you wear them with really makes a difference.
@Paco II: I haven't found the Trek boots to be particularly narrow. FWIW, my feet are medium width in most brands of shoes. I wear the Trek boots with the attached neoprene booties on my Bare Nex-Gen drysuit. For foot insulation, I wear a pair of thick wool socks with polypro liners underneath.

If I cinch up the laces too tight, it restricts bloodflow to your feet which could make them feel colder. If the boots are too loose, then you run the risk of slipping out of your boots (I've seen it happen once!). That's why I ensure the laces are securely fastened but not tight, per se.

I suppose you could have problems with the Trek boots if you have wide feet, wear thick foot insulation, or have thick attached drysuit booties.

Back
Top Bottom