bare reactive wetsuit are they warm as ad says

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the info. Pretty much all the the reviews I read about Bare (especially for their newer gen suits) say that those are indeed the warmest suits out there.

I also contacted Bare (for curiosity sake) to see if they would share the actual study that was done on their suits. Let see what they reply

I heard there are other manufacturers who add fabrics to their neoprene suits. I think I read about wool?
Do you have any experience/thoughts on those suits?

I got Reactive 3 and 5mm suits...
How is the seam seal holding up? I've been considering one but the seam seal on my Elastek 3mm is flaking off like crazy and I hate the idea of getting another suit with the same problem. The fact that they eliminated it and went with traditional blind stitching on the 2021 Reactive suggests (to me anyway) that perhaps it was an issue with Reactive suits as well.

How is the seam seal holding up? I've been considering one but the seam seal on my Elastek 3mm is flaking off like crazy and I hate the idea of getting another suit with the same problem. The fact that they eliminated it and went with traditional blind stitching on the 2021 Reactive suggests (to me anyway) that perhaps it was an issue with Reactive suits as well.

Mine have held up fine. But, I would prefer the new style.

The seam seal stuff they use on the ones I have does not stretch like the neoprene around it does. So, I always have red marks on my arms and legs from where the seam seal tape stuff has been tighter on me than the rest of the suit.

Maybe if they had a size that was "just right" for me, I wouldn't have that issue. But, they don't...

I Just bought the Bare 7mm Reactive. Only one dive so far, but it's really comfortable and very warm. It's also a great off the shelf fit (XLT) for my 6'4" 230lb frame.

I own two Bare Reactives 3 & 5 mm and two Bare Elasteks 3 & 5 mm. The Reactives are definitely warmer, but have no real knowledge as to what percentage of warmth is from the lining, cuffs, or seam seals. What I do know is my 3mm Reactive is as warm as my older 5mm Elastek which did not get much use/compression, so was in nearly new condition.

Back
Top Bottom