Bare Nex-Gen vs Scubapro Everdry 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richardmenard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am back with my tail between my legs for not listening to the great suggestions of this board. After purchasing a really nice 7mm wetsuit for diving in Ontario, I've realized I will
need/want a drysuit very soon. So before I go out and waste more money on the wrong decision, I thought I'd get some opinions on the 2 drysuits I am considering (Bare Nex-Gen or Scubapro Everdry 4. Feel free to make any other suggestions for good drysuit in the $1000 CDN price range. Thanks in advance for any help.

I was very happy with my Bare NexGen and used it for about five years before moving on to a Whites Fusion Tech. I found it to be very robust and good value.

Any drysuit that does not leak and fit you well is a good suit. Divers will promote the brand they dive with because it works (read don't leak). You have to decide what type of diving you plan on doing and getting what fits that profile. I don't know the Bare and assume its similar to the Everydry. These suits are focused on the recreational market and work very well. I know the SP have neoprene seals and some divers don't like them (read neck seal). The neoprene seals dont stretch as much as latex and can be a hassle for some shape and sizes.

Hope this helps.

Here's the deal, I own a DUI TLS 350 Trilam Dry Suit, and its great, always Dry, great Latex Zip Seals (which you can change if you split on site, I alway carry a spare set.) you can dive with light undergarments in semi Tropical temps or full blown hi loft undergarments if you plan a trip to Antartica!! Its the Rolls Royce of Dry Suits, check out any photo expedition and you will find every Diver wearing DUI. Go to a DOG Day and Try one out for $25. BUT....be ready to shell out $2500, if you want one. On the down side if you are a new Diver Buoyancy Control can be a Challenge at first, and all the Tri Lam suits are not the most Comfortable. I have also dived rented Bare Nex Gen, to be fair it was a Rental Basic Dry Suit, it leaked in wrist seals due to them being damaged and they need sending away to be repaired. Nothing Special.

I also own a Scubapro Everdry 4 and love it, its Soft, Comfortable, Low Drag, Easy Buoyancy Control for new Diver to Dry Suits. I wear for Dive Training in Quarry in NE USA, Water temps down to mid 40's with Mid Layer undergarments, mid 50's with Base Layer undergarments, and its less than 1000. However you need to be real carefull with the rollunder Neoprene neck seal if you want to Stay Dry......I regularly get a little wet in it through neck seal, but its not a big deal because the suit is Neoprene so you still do not get cold not like you would in a Tri Lam. I am taking it to Galapogas next month were temps can vary form 59 - 75, so it will be perfect. My advice, for now, get the Scubapro Everdry 4, its the a cheap flexible easy transition from wet suit to Dry Suit and sve your pennis fro either a DUI or the new Bare SB. Forget the the Next Gen. Just order slightly larger on the Scubapro as size runs small and it will give you more flexibility to add thicker undergraments. As to undergraments I love the new Bare SB Base Layer, its perefect under my Scubapro or my DUI.

Here's the deal, I own a DUI TLS 350 Trilam Dry Suit, and its great, always Dry, great Latex Zip Seals (which you can change if you split on site, I alway carry a spare set.) you can dive with light undergarments in semi Tropical temps or full blown hi loft undergarments if you plan a trip to Antartica!! Its the Rolls Royce of Dry Suits, check out any photo expedition and you will find every Diver wearing DUI. Go to a DOG Day and Try one out for $25. BUT....be ready to shell out $2500, if you want one. On the down side if you are a new Diver Buoyancy Control can be a Challenge at first, and all the Tri Lam suits are not the most Comfortable. I have also dived rented Bare Nex Gen, to be fair it was a Rental Basic Dry Suit, it leaked in wrist seals due to them being damaged and they need sending away to be repaired. Nothing Special.

I also own a Scubapro Everdry 4 and love it, its Soft, Comfortable, Low Drag, Easy Buoyancy Control for new Diver to Dry Suits. I wear for Dive Training in Quarry in NE USA, Water temps down to mid 40's with Mid Layer undergarments, mid 50's with Base Layer undergarments, and its less than 1000. However you need to be real carefull with the rollunder Neoprene neck seal if you want to Stay Dry......I regularly get a little wet in it through neck seal, but its not a big deal because the suit is Neoprene so you still do not get cold not like you would in a Tri Lam. I am taking it to Galapogas next month were temps can vary form 59 - 75, so it will be perfect. My advice, for now, get the Scubapro Everdry 4, its the a cheap flexible easy transition from wet suit to Dry Suit and sve your pennis fro either a DUI or the new Bare SB. Forget the the Next Gen. Just order slightly larger on the Scubapro as size runs small and it will give you more flexibility to add thicker undergraments. As to undergraments I love the new Bare SB Base Layer, its perefect under my Scubapro or my DUI.

Thanks for the great write-up and suggestions. I ended up purchasing the Everdry and the undergarments. I'm looking forward to using it this weekend in the drysuit diver course.

I have owned a bare next gen for the last nine years. I have only replaced the seals once. It has been diving in alaska, british columbia, and the great lakes. great value for the price, no problems. I would advise that you get the suspenders if they are still an option. Good diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom