Bare Nex-Gen question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anybody of you guys dove with this dry suit in
cold water temp ( mid-30 ) ??

what king of undergarnment will be good other than the one
Bare sells ?

thank you for your input

Id stay away from the fleece. I personally find thinsulate to be the warmest. When choosing the undergarment think about its durability. Not trying to sell you the BARE but I really like my CT-200.As far as the shell of the Nex-Gen you get what you pay for. If you are not to rough on the knees etc. you will be fine. Do you plan on penetrating wrecks?? Easy to tear a hole if your not careful so then the better shell would come into play!!

I wore my Next-Gen last weekend while diving in Havre de Grace, MD. Water temp was low 40's and I was fine while wearing the CT-400 undergarmets, but I'm a girl and we tend to get colder. A male buddy of mine was wearing the CT-200 and said that he was perfectly warm. As for the durability, I've got about 50 dives in mine so far and no problems. Actually, in H.g.G. I had to slide out to the channel over a bottom full of broken bottles and my knee pads held up great. For the money, you can't beat the suit. While my other buddies in DUIs were worried about slicing up their suits, I wasn't concerned. If I wreck it, I'll just buy another or two. :D

J75:
If I wreck it, I'll just buy another or two. :D

That seems to a big part of the "what to buy equation in dry suits. There comes a point where no mater how good you buy it can still get damaged. It's not like we are married to the thing until death do us part and for the price difference it's good food for thought. It was part of my reasoning to go with my neoprene suit.

Pete

J75:
If I wreck it, I'll just buy another or two. :D

They're inexpensive, but they're not that cheap. :wink:

As for your question jfproul, you probably know that the suit doesn't keep you warm, it's the underwear. So saying that I've had the suit in 30 degree temps (which I haven't) doesn't give you much to go on. Anyway, the coldest water I've had mine in was mid 40s with CT200 underwear. Very comfortable in those temps. But I'm thinking of getting another later of polypropolene to wear under the Bare stuff for colder water. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Back
Top Bottom