Bare Nex-Gen Pro Dry Suit (anyone?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most folks seem to like it for the cost. It's a bi-lam suit, so it's probably a bit less tough than a trilam or neoprene suit.

The one thing I would say is DEFINITELY don't buy it from LeisurePro. A purchase as large as a drysuit should be made from someone who will give you a warranty. Try divetank.com who puts together great deals on Bare drysuits...you may be able to get some undies with it. Or try scubatoys.com who will match anyone's price and still give you a warranty because they are an authorized dealer.

If you get a bum valve or zipper with LP, you are, in all likelihood, screwed. You can pay the same but get an authorized dealer from one of my other two suggestions.

Good luck! :)

Yes I have one. Yes I like it. Yes get it from divetank.com. they have excellent customer service. If you don't like having your buddy zip you up or you dive solo ( :rolleyes: ) it might be challenging...

I have it and love it. Grant that it's my first ds so I have nothing to compare it to. But it suits me and keeps me tooooooasty. Got mine from my LDS.

I'm another happy DiveTank customer - been diving my nex-gen for 3 months now quite cheerfully. It may be a bilam, but it's one of the few that I've never heard reports of delamination - the laminate seems to be impregnated into the nylon shell quite well. It's a tough shell too - I use it for very rocky (sharp lava rock) entries and have fallen a couple of times, as well as had to crawl out on my hands and knees a couple of times over the rocks, with no harm done to the suit. As noted above the back entry can be a pain, but since I only dive with buddies, it's not a big deal for me... unless I forget to have one of them unzip me before they drive off LOL.

All in all it's a great suit at a great price, and there seems to be a very satisfied user base here on the board for them.

Aloha, Tim

I also have the nex gen and am very pleased. I got a good deal from divetank.com and have only good things to say about them. I think it's pretty much unbeatable for the price. The only potential negatives are that its back entry as stated, theres no zipper cover or protector so its exposed, the wrist seals for me were a bit tight and since they arent really conical I had to play with them, and it would be nice if the feet had soles so I didnt have to wear boots. Those things are pretty minor compared to the great value for the suit though.

Thanks all for the advice..

when you bought online, did you size it up yourself? how did it fit once you got it?

./thanks again.

vapovick:
Does anyone I have this dry suit, and mind commenting on it? Let me know if you like/dis-like and the reasons.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Item...KU/DescSort_0/Filter_2=227&3=233/BREDSNG.html

thanks

I have not dove mine a lot, but so far so good. I picked up mine used for a song :D

It may not be as tough as a tri-lam suit, but the marteral is very durable.

I don't have a lot to compare it with as I've not dove with any other drysuit. However I did compare it to an $1800 suit that a buddy was diving, and for the more than double in retail cost (actually more like 3x, and make that closer to 6X based on my used price), I don't think it's half the suit :05:

The back zipper is not an issue unless you are a solo diver. Just make sure that whom ever zips it up knows to make sure it's zipped. Of course a good test is just to just compress into a ball and make sure the suit is not leaking. The dump works well, and the inflator seems very functional.

One thing to consider is off the rack sizing. Mine came with size 10 booties that are a bit too large. I just stuff them in a size 9 hardsole bootie, and things are good but a smaller bootie would be more gooder for me. But if you need a large for example, and have size 12 feet that would be an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom