Bare Nex-Gen....Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robinhood

Contributor
Reaction score
I've read numerous posts discussing the Nex-Gen and I think for the money and my current situation (i.e. if I spend alot more money on dive gear, I'll get divorce papers shoved in my face!!) it's the drysuit that I would like to purchase. I have a few issues regarding the suit, though.

I understand that fit is very important with the drysuit and I don't quite fall into the standard size category. My size is somewhat between the ML and the L Bare Nex-Gen. I am almost 5-10, 200lbs, wide shoulders, big arms/legs.

The Large is supposed to be for people at least 5-11, but it somewhat fits the rest of me. The ML is cutting it close in weight and dimensions. So, would I be able to do okay with the Large?
(No, I haven't had the opportunity to try any of them on)

Can this suit be altered by, for instance, drysuitrepair.com? I'm thinking two inches will be a bit long not to notice easily in the water.

I really want to go dry. I can't fit into normal wetsuits, so I'm forced to go custom. A couple of hundred bucks more than a custom wetsuit and I can get the Nex-Gen, so I'm hoping its a 'doable' situation.

Recommendations?

or a shop that stocks them, or where you can return it if it does not fit.

I suspect you're better off in the Large, but I could be wrong. I owned one of these, I'm 5'11, and it was not too long on me. It WAS a bit wide, then I lost close to 40lbs and it became REAL baggy and unacceptable.

I bet the ML bunches up on you and restricts your movement.

i find they run a little short. i am at he upper height range for the medium and found it too short for me. could not anywhere near squat. therefore, i would not worry about the 5'11" suit vs your height of 5'10".

I'm 5'9" and weigh 185. I bought the large. It fits fine although a bit long and the arms about an inch too long or so. It gives me plenty of crouching room and I don't notice the extra length when I'm diving. If anything, maybe I should have ordered the Large-Short. (LP didn't stock that size and I didn't realize that Bare made that size until I had bought my suit) Incidentally, LP met their competitor's price (Diver's Wholesale) when I asked for that. My bet is that the Large will fit you as you seem a little bigger than I and it's plenty big for me.

Robinhood once bubbled...
I understand that fit is very important with the drysuit and I don't quite fall into the standard size category. My size is somewhat between the ML and the L Bare Nex-Gen. I am almost 5-10, 200lbs, wide shoulders, big arms/legs.

The Large is supposed to be for people at least 5-11, but it somewhat fits the rest of me. The ML is cutting it close in weight and dimensions. So, would I be able to do okay with the Large?
(No, I haven't had the opportunity to try any of them on)

Try to find a store that can let you try it on (or at least one of the sizes), or an store that will allow exchanges.

But to give you an idea...I Max'd the dimensions on a MT, and was middle of the road with the MLT. The store that I bought it at had a MLT in stock and I tried it on. It felt very baggy. I ordered a MT and it fits very good, but it might be tough wearing some 400g underwear.

YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom