Bare drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got one in april, have about 20 dives on it this year, so far no problems, all in freshwater, not sure how it would do in wreck diving in ocean conditions, definately would add some better knee pads for that reason as i'm a junker.The only down side is it requires rock boots which is just something else to put on maybe i'll get turbo soles put on it, overall a good suit for the price.

I have had a next gen for the last six years. I have dozens of dives on it all over Alaska and the Great Lakes. I have had no problems with it and would buy another should the need ever arise, but it has not. I have replaced the seals a couple of years ago. It works great. A real value in a very basic but functional suit. I don't know if the now come with suspenders, but that is an option I had installed in mine when the seals were replaced and I would definitely recommend the suspenders.

Thanks guys. I dive a DUI CLX but my father is looking into buying a Bare. I appreciate your posts.

I've got the Tech but know of a couple people that have the Nex-Gen and they are pleased. I don't think you can go wrong with Bare.

I have had my Nex-Gen for three years and love it. I just had to replace the neck seal after about 60 dives. I have used it in fresh and salt water with no issues.

Mike

Why do a lot of the Canadian divers seem so arrogant? I have dove the Bare NexGen in all sorts of conditions, fresh, salt, surge, low and high viz. I have also dove the DUI a couple of times. The Bare was more comfortable, less restrictive and didn't need as much weight. The Bare material is tough even if it is thinner than the DUI. Unless you are going to be crawling around wrecks or crawling out of the surf on rough rocks it will do the job.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom