Bare drysuit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicdiver656

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all, just ordered a wetsuit today!!
I guess it's kinda late to ask this, but has anybody had problems with the Bare wetsuit in this link? Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment - Discount dive gear (Cheap online!)

Please let me know with your problems, and if you have found any fixes to the problems.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to sew pockets onto a wetsuit, and who make the pocket shorts. (Lynne, if you read this, please let me know what you and Peter use. I saw them, and was very impressed!!! I still need pockets!!!!)

Thanks
Taylor
Vicdiver656

Your link takes one to the home page of ScubaToys, so can't tell which model drysuit you ordered. I have a Bare Trilam XD Tech and have had no problem with it. I did have to trim the neckseal when I got it however. If that is something you find yourself needing to do, then a search here will give you lots of ideas around accomplishing that.

If you wanted pockets, you can have Bare install them at the factory (I don't know what the up-charge is). You should call ScubaToys to let them know that so they can let the factory know...short of that, I will leave it to others to advise you on installing pockets post purchase. I don't have them on mine, instead have a thigh pocket that rigs into my BP/W as I use a variety of suits depending on where I am diving and found it cheaper than putting pockets on a dry suit and the 3 different wetsuits I have.

Your link takes one to the home page of ScubaToys, so can't tell which model drysuit you ordered. I have a Bare Trilam XD Tech and have had no problem with it. I did have to trim the neckseal when I got it however. If that is something you find yourself needing to do, then a search here will give you lots of ideas around accomplishing that.

If you wanted pockets, you can have Bare install them at the factory (I don't know what the up-charge is). You should call ScubaToys to let them know that so they can let the factory know...short of that, I will leave it to others to advise you on installing pockets post purchase. I don't have them on mine, instead have a thigh pocket that rigs into my BP/W as I use a variety of suits depending on where I am diving and found it cheaper than putting pockets on a dry suit and the 3 different wetsuits I have.

Correction as to the link. Apparrently Scubatoys does not allow direct linking, so the suit is a Bare Arctic 2 Piece 7mm. suit. Sorry for the confusion!

Bare 7mm Artic Full Suit is a great wetsuit, I´m 6'1" 290lb big chest, big belly and it fits great. The coldest water where I used it was 12ºC / 53.6ºF. I don´t have the vest and I don´t know if that wolud fit me over the fullsuit because of my size (way bigger than the size chart state for the XXXL) but I´d love to try it, I´m sure it would help a lot.

Great price from ST.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom