Bare CD4 Drysuit Neckseal Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Demo Dan

Registered
Reaction score
Good day,
I have a Bare CD4 Drysuit with about 70 dives on it with latex seals. On my last dive with it the neck seal ripped off as I was doffing the suit as I normally do. I bought a replacement seal, but I am confused as to how to replace it properly. I've gotten a couple suggestions from different dive shops, but I would like to learn how to do it myself. Any suggestions?

I trim off the old seal and leave the part that is glued to the suit in place. I then clean and scuff the remaining part of the old seal. I clean and scuff the new seal. Apply glue to both surfaces, let it dry, apply another coat of glue (gluing will depend on the glue you use, follow the instructions) and carefully apply the new seal.

Make sure the suit is laid out on a flat surface. You will only get one shot so be careful! Let it dry for 24 hours and go diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom