Bare Alpine w/ hooded vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoreliner11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a Washington State diver and I'm wondering if anyone has experience using the bare arctic with the Bare 3mm hooded vest. I know this would cost more than the bare alpine hooded suit but I'm hoping that I can use this wetty through the next couple years in the winter in warmer climates without the vest. It can get into low 50's high 40's during the winter time. Thanks for the help.
Aaron

EDITED...switched the alpine for arctic...whoops

I thought that the Bare Alpine only comes in a hooded version. I just ordering my suit, and hopefully it will be in by Friday. I am going diving on Saturday at the lake, so it won't be that cold. But the following weekend, I am going to be diving at Monterey, so I will let you know how that works. That is unless my drysuit comes in by that time - at which time I will drysuit dive instead of wetsuit dive. :D

http://www.bare-wetsuits.com/product_list.aspx?id=5

Minh

Made the edit. Any opinions? You thinks this'll be warm enough...for a wetsuit diving in cold water that is?

Get the Arctic and the 7mm Hodded step-in Vest.

Pete

I have had two lake dive with my Bare Alpine (hooded). I didn't like how the zippper went across the chin. Donning it on and off wasn't too bad. The suit wasn't as stretchy as I thought it would be. If I had to buy a new suit, I'd probably purchase the Velocity with a hood.

Overall - I am really happy with the suit because of the price I got it for ($199).

Minh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom