Bare Alpine vs. Gold Core

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought the Bare Alpine 7mm attached hood, but before I bought it I was thinking of purchasing the Gold Core 7/5. I've been reading that the Gold Core is the warmest suit because of the technology, is that true??? And now I was thinking of getting Gold Core 5mm or 7mm gloves. Anyone had experience with the suit or gloves???
P.S. For glove thinckness, the water I'll be diving in is from 60F~40F.

THANKS

spidershim123:
Hi,
I bought the Bare Alpine 7mm attached hood, but before I bought it I was thinking of purchasing the Gold Core 7/5. I've been reading that the Gold Core is the warmest suit because of the technology, is that true??? And now I was thinking of getting Gold Core 5mm or 7mm gloves. Anyone had experience with the suit or gloves???
P.S. For glove thinckness, the water I'll be diving in is from 60F~40F.

THANKS

I have a Gold core hood and gloves. They seem to dry alot faster than my other gloves and hoods.

I wear a Bare Alpine. It is a good suit. I wear 7mm Gold Core gloves. They are the best of every glove I've tried so far. Not sure about a suit, but man are they pricey.

I like the InstaDry gloves. Warmest 3mm glove I've ever worn. I wear them in 49-51 degree water here in SoCal along with my 7mm suit with no problem. Extremely dextrous, as an added bonus.

For a suit I also have the InstaDry, and like it a lot, but when it comes time to replace it I will go for something with an integrated hood.

I can't say anything about the GoldCore, but I just tried out my new Alpine this past weekend and it was wonderful! Kept me warm to the core in the California waters...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom