Bare 0.5mm Thermalskin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Crash

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have one? I just ordered one from Bare through the dive shop I work at . I have been using a Lycra ScubaMax skin, and was just wondering what other people's opinion on the Bare skin was. I also saw that it is made out of Neoprene instead of the Lycra I'm used to, any opinions on these things?????

Matt

the .5 neoprene is warmer than lycra, and I find it somewhat easier to get on when wet.

Damselfish:
the .5 neoprene is warmer than lycra, and I find it somewhat easier to get on when wet.

Are you saying it is easier to get the skin on when your body is wet, or it is easier to get your wetsuit on when your thermalskin is wet?

Also does it have any foot or thumb stirrups?

Most of all, are you comfortable in it?

Thanks,
Matt

I find a neoprene skin is easier to get on when it is wet because it has more body and is just less clingy than damp lycra. I'm wearing just the neoprene skin in warm water, not another suit over it. I find them quite comfy. Mine don't have foot or thumb stirrups. This is a general comment about lycra vs thin neoprene, I have some other brands.

Back
Top Bottom