Barcelo Bavaro Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flightlead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looks like I'll be here first week of April. I'm reasonably experienced, 12 yo daughter will have had 10-15 dives, wife will be recently certified. I'm the only Nitrox diver.

Recommendations? Tips?

Thanks

We were in Punta Cana August of 2007, we stayed up the beach at the Tropical Princess, we did 2 dives. They brought down in front of the Barcelo property (we've have stayed at the Barcelo Palace 3 times). We dove I believe the Coral Gardens and a wreck "The Monica". The reef is not healthy, not much life, did see a eel or 2 and a nurse shark. Both dives are pretty shallow. Not the best diving, but it is diving! In October of 2006 when we stayed at the Barcelo, we never got to dive because of the weather was bad for the whole week. In October 2003 we did our very first dive there, we dove with Neptuno next door at the Villas, 2 minute walk away. Nice little operation, small boats you board on the beach and get pushed out into the water, back roll off, little hard getting back into the boat. We were going to dive with the dive op at the Barcelo the last time, but the weather stopped us, they do have a pier, that you would board off of.

Hope this gives a little insight.

How was your stay in Punta Cana / Bavaro? Any good dives? As thedivingduo said sometimes the weather there could be a little rough and no dives there at that time. But some dive shops organize dive trips to Bayhibe, the water is much better here, the water calmer with great visibility

Back
Top Bottom