Barbados in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJ O'Dwyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading on vacation to Barbados July 12-26, 2008. Staying at the Maresol Apartments. Has anybody used Roders Scuba Shack for diving?? Also, besides the
fish fry in Oistins any restaurant recommendations???

Many thanks

TJ:blinking:

I was there last October (and will be going again June 13- June 27th). Aside from knowing some folks on island, it is a really fun destination and would go back again regardless. Food is expensive, but I had several amazing meals so it did not bother me to spend the $$. My last night there I ate a restaurant called The Tides. Casual, but elegant at the same time (with wine , starter, main and dessert it ended up being about $120 US per person). A meal I will not soon forget. Outstanding service.

I do not have any info on Roders Scuba Shack, but in general I had pretty good dive experiences there. Most of the operations are no frills, but they get the job done.

Hope you have a great trip

I envy you TJ. Barbados is my fav place to go. TJ...I ate at the Tide and spent the night upchucking.

There is a great Greek restuarant called OPA. Give them a call and try to go on the night they have baracuda.

There is a little place called Da Kitchen right next to one of the night clubs. It is a good lunch place.

I would recommend you do Oistins on Friday night as that is when it is most fun, eat at Angel's shack. And, leave around 10 pm and go to the LimeLight down in Bridgetown for a great show. They have good food too by the way.

Be sure to do the Plantation's Roots review.

I dive with John Moore (on the board as Sculpin). He is a great guy and uses a small no frills six pack boat. If you have never seen a turtle tagging hunt, call High Tide. Other than that I am not wild about their practices.

Send a PM if you have questions, I have been there four times and once spent a whole month there.

rich

Rich - sorry you had a bad experience at the Tide... Maybe I was just lucky? Maybe you were unlucky? Regardless, I second your recommendation for Opa as well.

Yep, and in the OPA parking lot.....to the left as you face OPA....upstairs....is a Jamaican jerk chicken place that is interesting too.

Oh, and just in case you dont know.....do NOT wear any thing that has any kind of camoflauge pattern. You will be picked up immediately. I saw a guy not get out of the airport because he had on camo shorts. Two REALLY BIG dudes took him off and I sincerely hope it was just to change.

Thanks for the info. May also have to do recon for possible relocation to the island. Two weeks
(25+ dives)should give me a good idea on the diving and th afternoons I can check out where to live and work if that comes to be. Wish me luck!!

Just curious....relocating because of work? Or, just to live on an island?

Sorry this took so long just got back from Phoenix on business. Maybe a new job. Started negoiations. I'll see what happens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom