Barbados....here we come !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Finally, I arranged some time off (with a little help from DivingGal), to Barbados. I haven't been there since I was a teenager....

Anyone give me some ideas on the diving down there...and perhaps your experiences with some of the dive shops??

Heading out on the 27th of Feb for 8 days............

This is a must do in Barbados. The "STAVRONIKITA" is a 365 ft Greek freighter lying in 130 feet of water. It sits bolt upright, 130 feet to the keel, yet the forward spar comes to within 18 feet of the surface. Great wreck! Home of a freaking giant puffer!!

Are you staying on the south coast?

jbm

staying on the southwest coast. Between Bridgetown and the airport...................Highttide was one shop reccomended.............

Butch103 once bubbled...
staying on the southwest coast. Between Bridgetown and the airport..........

If you are staying near Sandy Beach you may want to dive with Ram off the "SCOTCH & SODA."

I visit Barbados every fall and have been diving with him for years. His boat is the "SCOTCH & SODA" which is on a mooring directly in front of Sandy Beach Island Resort. Fun, casual diving....this is no cattle boat. He usually alternates his dives between Muff Reef and Carlisle Bay. To contact him, just ask for him at the "Crystal Waters" ( beach bar on Sandy Beach.)

Lying on the next mooring is "BAD HABBITS" (SIC). The owners name is Trevor and he will take you anywhere you want to dive on his boat. He is great to dive with as well.

These two guys are great to dive with and quite reasonable pricewise.........

best regards; jbm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom