Bandito 01.20.07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandman98007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I and ScubaK went diving with Bandito on a day that was to be full of rain, turned out to be one heck of a dive day. First dive was the north wall, and I have not dove this site since AOW. Vis was about 15 – 20 feet and the water was cold. 46 degrees at depth. Saw a lot of critters and the macro life was in abundance, Max depth was 76 feet and the dive lasted for 56 minutes.

Though we tried to make mile marker 8, the area was quite crowded, so we decided to do Zee’s reef instead. Vis was not so good here, but we did enjoy the dive, and the water was cold again. 46 degrees at depth. More macro life was noted and we did get lucky enough to find one huge octo in a crevice. Max depth on this dove was 55 feet and the duration was 55 minutes.

All and all it was a great day to dive.

See ya in the water…..

Cpt. Bungee

Here is a photo show of the adventure. Please enjoy.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/cA8iq2XP

It was a great 2 dives with Bandito...Capt Tom and RJ on the NakNek...what a great day...Sunshine, cold, lots of Macro life and Colleens (GisGal) apple pie stuff and great people from Portland...Dive Girl, Inked_diver, Fpoole, Diver C, etc...Bambi and Chantelle....it was a lot of fun.
Thanks
Kirsten

howdy,
Just had to chime in on what a great day of diving! Didnt mind the drinks afer either. Thanks Cpt Bungee for the photos, makes my camera flooding, sting a little less, lol. Hope to see you guys soon
edward

I also was out with Bandito on Saturday, what a phenomenal day on the sound. I was expecting the worst for weather and we got the best. I was on the other boat, I think we were both on Zee's Reef at the same time. We then headed over to the Maury Island barges.

Thanks for the pics sandman, we weren't fortunate enough to find any octos this time out. What camera did you use?

Great PhotoShow. It looks like you had a real good time. I've yet to do a Bandito Charter but it's on my list.

Can you tell me about the yellow crab? I've not seen that one before.

Sea ya!

Nice pics Sandman! Great color and lighting.

thanks for sharing.

I have to admit the day was fabulous. Many of my favorite dive buddies on board.

Capt Bungee ~ Once again you have taken some great pics.
Thank you for sharing ~ The day, boat, lunch, cupcakes, pics.
When are we doing it again????

Great posts! I have dived both those dives. Bandito is first rate. I've been on all three of their boats, many times. I used to run open water classes - second day of PADI OW scuba class - off Bandito, and it works very well for student instruction.

See you up there on Bandito soon. I'm the diver with the orange and black, Gates dry suit!

Best - diver_gent

The camera is a canon a-620 with the Ikelite DS 50 strobe. I have been pleased with the results, but now I want a SLR..... Need to get another job to pay for it though. Thank you all for the kind words and I will ashure you , there will be more photoshows to come.....

Back
Top Bottom