Banco Chinchorro June 25, 26, 27 and 28 - COME ON!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowboyneal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
There are THE FOUR (4) dive days available (6/25 - 6/28), and you need a minimum 4 divers for the dive op to commit to Chinchorro. Anyone want to join in? If we can come with 4, we can guarantee Chinchorro every day (if you go alone or with 2, you may not get out there if the boat doesn't have 4). Will be staying in either Xclack (less likely) or Mahahual (more likely) and diving with Arturo and his Pirates Divers (whatever that name is) if from Mahahual or XTC out of Xclack. I am open to either - have heard good things about both and am communicating with both. This is all 'pay your own way' -- no packages, etc. or requirements to pay third parties - you pay direct and only when on-site. I can get a deal on a nice place to stay in Mahahual and the diving, I guess we can negotiate that some (they say its $125 - $150 for 3 tank trip, but with 4 people, I bet we can get them into the $100 range). 4 days would also mean every day to Banco Chinchorro guaranteed - 3 tanks/day - after that I am going over to Cozumel until July 5. So whomever wants to do that is welcome - I only dive Dive Paradise (and get at least 20% discount there on fast boat trips). Very experienced divers only.

We will be down Mahahual during those days in June. Staying at a hotel just south of town.

We did a week of diving with Arturo this past February - they did a great job. For local dives they even picked us up by boat at the hotel.

Well, you want in? That's exacly who we're using - Arturo. Looking for others so we can ensure the trip to Chinchorro Banks. Any one or more of the four days --

We should be good for at least one day to Chinchorro. We plan to do some local diving with Arturo also. You may want to consider doing 2 tanks one day at Chinchorro and have lunch(lobster currently not in-season) at Cayo Centro at the Villa de Pescadores (fishermans co-op). I know it may not be diving - but the other wildlife is really good too - Crocs.If you go on a Sunday you may be able to do 3 tanks and have lunch out there. Because on Sunday the boat captains do not need to sign out at the port captain in Mahahual. (which does not open to about 9 am), so you can leave earlier. I send you our details and contact info.

Yes, let's put ourselves together. I love the lobster idea...and local diving I'll be in on as well....

You've apparently got this all together,but thought I'd let you know I was in Xcalak early April of this year and dove with XTC. did a trip to Chinchorro in 6-8Ft seas and a small boat, well worth the effort to get there, Reef is in phenomenal shape. We had four divers that came down from Mahahual to join us for the chinchorro trip as well, so if your plans don't work out you still have an option with XTC. Have a great trip.

I would agree - XTC is another fine diving operation. We did some diving with them in the past. It is all a matter of your land base of operation - Xcalak or Mahahual. Both XTC and Bucaneros have the permits to go dive Chinchorro. And both Xcalak and Mahahual have some great "local diving". And both are about the same travel time to Cayo Centro.Take your choice - both have their advantages.
Chinchorro is worth the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom