Bananarama Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirena

Reaction score
hello everybody,

a friend is going to roatan in november and will be staying at bananarama dive resort, which he said it's on the prettiest beach there--since i have not been to roatan, i couldn't say one way or another. i do know that bananarama is on the west end of the island, which i understand is very nice.

anyway, if any of you have stayed there, i would like to hear what you have to say about your experience there. thanks! :eek:ut:

Hi Sirena. I'm planning a trip there and from the research I've done so far, it seems coco view resort is the best. Its pretty decently priced, it was the first dive resort there, and the best part... the bungalows are on stilts over the water! must be nice to wake up to the ocean breeze blowing through your room with the ocean under your feet. also, there are nice shore dives including a 130' wall and a wreck. and the dive shop is open to 11pm for people wanting to go out on night dives. they also make frequent whale shark excursions to utila.. from what i hear its a 50/50 chance every time you go out during the season. (april–june and i think sept–november)

have fun!

by the way, i also live in SF =)

Hi Sirena,
We stayed at Banarama last April and it's fine. It's not nearly as fancy as most of the places on Roatan, but it's no dump either. Nice little separate cabinas about 100 yds from the beach you mention, West Bay, which is as pretty as it gets. No A/C and we didn't really need it.

West Bay is at the tip of the island as far as hotels or places to stay are concerned. B'ramas got a perfectly adequate dive shop and instructors, too. Run by a Swiss guy. We had a great time there, but the breakfasts are a bit on the skimpy side.

There's not a lot to do at night in West Bay, but you can walk over to West End where there's a small village - bars, restaurants (there are some near West Bay, too), tourist shops, dive schools, etc. Or you can catch a water taxi for a few lemp. Enjoy your stay!
Terry

When we priced it out, B'rama was the best buy outside of the backpacker hotels, which you can find in West End for even less.
:)

Back
Top Bottom