Balmorhea State Park, West Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KC5UX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Are there any shops or groups that regularly dive Balmorhea State Park, and would welcome a tag along. I'very wanted to dive it for quite a while, but every time I'very been there, there haven'the been any other divers.

Thanks,
Jim Fish
Albuquerque

I know Donna Ana Divers from Las Cruces goes down there once a month. It's really not an extreme dive it is a 20' pool with fish in it. You could just take a few tanks and do the trip yourself.

Check with Duggan Diving and Dive World, both in the San Antonio area. I believe both of them go to Balmorhea once or twice a year.

Tom's Swim and Dive in Austin seems to make a trip once a year to Balmorhea.

When I was living in Dallas the Scubadillos would go out the Balmorhea in the winter (January, February) because the water is warmer than diving local. You might want to check out there Facebook page around December to see if they are planning anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom