Balicasag Island recommendations!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AaronRiot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Scubaboard!!

It's been awhile haha. Anyway, I have 5 days to dive Bohol and specifically Balicasag island.

I see you need tickets to dive the protected reef there. Any Intel on what shop to dive with that has a good reputation and good access??

Many thanks! Missed hanging around here the last bunch of years!

A a ron

Where'd you disappear to?

Glad to have you back!

I dive with Alona divers when I am there. Joey is very responsive on Facebook. You are correct, make sure you reserve early to make sure you get a slot and tell them you want to go to Balicasag because they don’t go there every day.

I dove with Valm Divers on Alona beach while I was there. We went to Balicasasg 3 times in 5 days. But be sure to get your reservations in early.

Ned with Valm divers was very responsive to my emails. He recommended and reserved my lodging, and sent me paypal links to make it easy to pay uinge Paypal to pay for both diving and lodging.

I have 5 days to dive Bohol and specifically Balicasag island.
I generally use Philippines Fun divers German-Japanese owned operation, quickly responsive to mails, and serious. I've always been to Balicasag whenever I wanted : they can run 2 bangkas up to 20 divers and allow remaining availibilities for other dive centers, so they go often to Balicasag.
As mentioned Valm is another good option.

A trip to Pamilacan is also worthwhile in between trips to Balicasag.

You guys are awesome, thank you all for taking the time! This is a great start and I will go from here.

We will be island hopping for a few weeks before my dive portion starts (wife doesn't dive and is flying home from Bohol).

So I'll have 5 days Bohol then up to PG and hopefully Verde Island there. I've booked in with Skandi Divers and resort Feb 25-Mar 03.

Had wanted to do malapuasca but I think it would eat too many potential dive days so maybe next time..

Chilly -- just been living life! Got married, bought a house, renos, boat, orchard, all kinds of good stuff. Traveled loads. My plate is less overflowing now so maybe I'll be diving more and hopefully posting more.

Maybe I'll even jump in on a scubaboard invasion again!!

Depends on when you're there, I was with Philippine Fun Divers in July and went to Balicasag every day.

Definitely recommend that dive shop though, they have good boats and Ole is an amazing instructor/guide. They often rent out spots on their boats to other dive shops too (like Alona)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom